Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Dog

Peyton and I went to see the DOG yesterday. And not just any dog, but Duane DOG Chapman. He was signing books at Stonecrest Mall in Lithonia. I have NEVER seen so many people there. Not even the week before Christmas. The line was at least SIX hours long for signatures....and the signing didn't start until 6pm. I took one look at the line, one look at my husband and said...."let's go find a place to have a drink." We walked up to the front. Saw his introduction, which the poor people in line missed and took some pictures. I love Beth Chapman even more now than I did before. I saw a very REAL moment with her and a young lady that she was signing an autograph for. I wish I had been focused enough to capture a picture. She had just taken a drink of her water and then shook the girl's hand, realizing that her hand was wet from the water bottle, she wiped off her hand and almost without thinking, just like any mother really....she reached out for the woman's hand and wiped it off as she apologized. She really is as caring as she appears to be....and probably just as tough.

We went back to eat dinner at the Whistle Post Tavern on Railroad Street in Conyers. Leave it up to Peyton to ALWAYS find the coolest tavern in town. It was perfect. Two guys playing accoustic guitar and signing all of our favorite songs. Best dinner we've had in forever. The next time we go, we'll be prepared to stay in Conyers for the night. Give the grandparent's plenty of time to spend with their grandkids.

No comments: