Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Amelia is 4 months old

My baby is four months old.  She had her checkup today.  She's 13lbs and 13ozs (52nd percentile).  She's 24 inches long....only 29th percentile.  This makes me wonder if I finally have my shorty!  Will this little girl look like a real Dennis?  She sure does look like a chunky monkey.  The doctor thought I was kidding when I told her that my grandfather was less than five feet tall and that my dad was almost as short.  She should see Aunt Betty, Uncle Gary and Uncle Charles.  I don't know how our generation didn't end up short.  I guess a few of them did, but most of us are average height. 

We have the okay to start with food this week.  So we are adding veggies to the list of foods.  I've never been good at one at a time so I hope she doesn't have alergies.  I'm going to give her peas tonight to see how she likes them.

She's really a beautiful little girl.  Yesterday, I dunked her right under in the water...twice!!!  She came up smiling and licking her lips both times.  She loves the water and she is not afraid of it at all.  Water baby!!!

No comments: