Monday, October 1, 2012

Lake Lanier Take Two










We had seven tickets left for Lake Lanier Islands that we did not use while we were on vacation.  Amelia is too young to need a ticket, so we had just enough for me, Rustie, Momma, Jace, Destiny, Samantha and Sabrina.  We had a great day albeit a long one.  We made it to the park at 1130 and left at closing time, 2000.  Mom and I spent a lot of time in the wavepool with Amelia.  Rustie took the big kids on most of the rides.  I ventured out on a couple of them myself, but I have to be really careful with my back on the slides.  The talkest one had three humps, my legs flew up and I landed back down pretty hard.  I videotaped the ride and it's pretty funny to see me go flying.  Samantha and Sabrina were not afraid to ride anything at the park.  They are amazingly brave and they swim like little fish.  I am so proud of those two.  Destiny has never been afraid of any of the rides either. We had dinner at Sunset Cove before heading back to the wavepool to finish out the day.  It's been a long time since we've had the chance to spend the day together.  They always play music in the pool area.  As we got up to leave the pool to walk down to the lake, Jordan's song, If I Die Young, came over the speakers.  It was louder than any other song and was the first that we heard.  Without a doubt, she was there with us.  We all miss her so much that it's physically painful sometimes to be be together and not to have her there.  Our sweet Jordan....life can be so unfair. 

No comments: