Monday, March 14, 2016

The Purple Promise

THIS POST WAS WRITTEN IN JUNE 2014, but I failed to publish the post.  Here it is, two years late. 

Hard to believe it has been a year since I have posted.  I will blame that mostly on the absolute exhaustion that I have felt at the end of every work day.  DHL Global Forwarding has been my home for 12 years, but as of May 31, 2014, I have moved on.  I spent the first week of summer with my girls, just enjoying watching them swim and doing some serious deep cleaning and de cluttering.  I feel like I am just about to have my life back in order.  As much as I loved the old company, the changes there were not for me.  The world that will be when all of the migration work is completed is not something that I want to be a part of.  I have moved to a much smaller world and one that I feel like I have much more control over.  Chris Avent sent me a text message a couple of months ago and asked if I knew anyone who wanted to be an Air Export Manager in Atlanta.  He knew it would be a good role for me.  I wasn't so sure and almost didn't apply.  But in the end, his message made me think there were options out there.  I redid my resume and went to my first interview.  About half way through, I knew I wanted this job.  I wanted to be a part of the FedEx family.  I have so many things that I want to accomplish and I am going to be able to do that at FTN.  The years that I spent at DGF were invaluable.  The education I was given is surpassed by none in this business.  I worked with hundreds of people who influenced me, but the greatest were Rob Betzer, Chris Avent, Sherri Skalski, Monica Turner, Dawn Hoeflich, Mike McGinnis, Wade Sorensen, Bob Gardner, Shelby Lee,  William Diephof, Marc Carlstrom, Briana Bloodworth, Greg Simon, Tim Hale, Richard Schepp and Debbie Fowler (and not necessarily in that order).  I love them all and I miss them all, but I am happy to be in my new role.  I am the Air Export Manager for FedEx Trade Networks.  I am also the Warehouse Manager and the Gateway Manager at the moment....until we build the business enough to bring on the two other managers. Our new building is in the process of being completed and the world is all new. 

No comments: