Saturday, December 29, 2007

Santa Came to Our House

Merry Christmas
This is our fourth Christmas together. Since we became a family in November of 2004, the very first thing we did was celebrate Thanksgiving and then Christmas. I remember how truly happy I was when the kids arrived...and then just a few weeks later...suprise....two more were on the way. On Christmas Eve Night, we settled down to watch a Christmas Carol. Sam and the Bean fell asleep in Daddy's arms. After putting them to bed, Destiny, Michael and Peyton built a Gingerbread house. The twins didn't help to build it, but they thought it was the coolest thing ever and they LOVED eating it. Speaking of eating, we caught Samantha eating SANTA's cookies after we put them out for him. Very funny the way our Christmas morning unfolded. The kids and I bought Peyton a 37in LCD television and I was so excited about surprising him with it that I couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve. I woke up at 5:00. I held out until 5:15 before sneaking down stairs to wake up Michael. I had covered his gifts from Santa with our Christmas blankets. I didn't want to ruin his Christmas by having him help me setup the TV. Peyton woke up when I got up. He knew I was up to something so he called out and asked if he could come and get a cup of coffee. I told him, since he was up we might as well have Christmas. Michael and I brought Daddy in to see his new TV. Then Michael went down to wake up Destiny and then we all woke up the babies. It was about 5:45 when we woke them up. They DID NOT like it. They rolled over, fussed and moaned. Finally, after the 50th time that we told them that Santa Claus came, they went into the living room. They were excited about their "bikes(tricycles)" and have ridden them non stop since Christmas morning. By the early afternoon, they were both pedaling and by the day after, they were pretty good with steering. They are also adorable in their high heels and princess outfits...complete with gloves, purses, and earrings. Destiny got a wagon full of gardening tools....REAL ones. She loves to work in the yard and plant things. She really has a green thumb. She also got an MP3 player. We had to return it a couple of days after Christmas and she ended up with an upgrade to an IPOD. She also got Heeley's. I got a Garmin for the car...which is all have wanted since last Christmas. It's also been one of my largest accounts at work this year, so it was really nice to get one of my own. Peyton got me a great digital picture frame for my desk at work. Michael got a Ripstick and a really nice combat style paintball gun, complete with protective gear. The one thing that will always stick out in my mind was Sabrina opening her presents. EVERY SINGLE gift got the same response: "Oh....Look what MY got."

No comments: