Saturday, January 12, 2008

Shoes and Hats

Samantha loves shoes and hats. I counted three hats and six pairs of shoes today. She also loves to carry purses. I believe she is going to be a little fashion model. If she inherits Peyton's talent for sketching and her Grandmother and Great Grandmother Tingle's sewing skills, we could have a designer on our hands. I love to watch my little girl walk around in her tiny high heeled shoes with a crown on her head and her purse on her shoulder. It was very hard to go to work these past two weeks. The girls have never really had their momma at home with them for a long period. I took the last week of the 2007 off of work and had a couple of days off the following week. Sammi and Beanie decided they really liked having me here. Samantha cries every morning now when I leave. She says, "No work, Mommy. No...please. Go to work tomorrow....." I have to pry her little fingers away from my neck. It takes the wind right out of my sails. But, by the same token, when I come home from work, Sammi grabs on to Mema Shirley and cries for her not to leave. In fact, last Wednesday, she sat in front of the window and cried for at LEAST 30 minutes after Mema left. I couldn't get her stop. Usually she is fine in less than a minute, but nothing would make her quit looking at the driveway and saying, "Mema, come back home." Beanie is not going through this phase right now, which is great because I don't think I could handle both of them crying every time I leave the house. They have always been been Daddy's girls, but for a whole two weeks, they have been Momma's babies. It's nice to have all of their attention for now...I am sure I'll be ready for them to hang all over Daddy again soon.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Bobbie!
love Tyrus