Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July

We had a crazy long weekend. I had an MRI on Thursday. Good news is that it wasn't bad enough for the doctor to call me before he left for a couple of weeks vacation. He promised to look at the results and if we needed to move quickly, he would send me to his counterpart while he was away. This is very different from the amount of pain I was in before. That time, he took one look at the films and within 48 hours we were in surgery. I am doing much better this week than last week. The tens unit has really been helping. I've also been much better about not lifting the girls. I just can't do it right now. Hopefully this is just an episode and the disc will calm again for a few months. I'm not happy at the thought that surgery could be needed again. I have to be realistic and look at my family history. Four out of five of my dad's siblings have had at least one back surgery. Most of them have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. It is very likley that I have this as well. I really believe this might be the outcome of the MRI.
Peyton ran the Peachtree Road Race on the 4th. He finished a few minutes faster than his time last year. We are so proud of him.







We went to Jace's birthday party on Saturday. Everyone was there. I was really surprised that the girls were not afraid of the water slide. They each took turns sliding over and over again. The big kids were helping them up the ladder and for the first time in a long time, I got to really enjoy talking to my family. They are really growing up. Hard to believe that Jace is 5 already.















































No comments: