Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy Third Birthday Tingle Twins
I think the girls have finally learned what it means to be TWINS. They seem to understand that it means they share everything, including a birthday. I've always said the girls were fraternal twins. They were in seperate sacs...so this tends to mean they are fraternal. There is still a chance they are identical. It's something like 15 to 25%. If the egg splits in an identical pregnancy within the first ten days or so, then identicals can form in seperate sacs. The doctor told me from day one that DNA testing would be the only way to determine if they infact came from the same egg. I met a lady in Myrtle Beach, SC who had twin girls. They were 7 years old. She said for years that they were fraternal because they didn't look alike to her or her husband. At four years old, they had a DNA test to determine if they were identical. Turns out, they are in fact identical. Just like my girls, they are a half inch apart in height and a pound different in weight. I am really starting to think that we need to do a DNA test.



We are so blessed to have such beautiful and healthy children. The past three years have been a lot of work, but a lot of fun. I can't be around the girls these days without laughing. They say the funniest things. They really are growing up.

We had an immediate family birthday party in our hotel room. We bought balloons, cake, ice cream, presents, the works.... It was a lot of fun and the girls didn't seem to mind that it was just us.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Tingle Twins! Gosh, I remember the day they were born like it was yesterday. I hope that y'all had fun on your vacation. I feel like such a terrible sister in law because I had no idea that your back was hurting you so bad. I asked Neil and he said, "I didn't tell you?". NO!! If there is anything that we can do then just call me.