Sunday, October 19, 2008

Peyton's Birthday

I was really very sad yesterday. It was Peyton's birthday and he was out of town on a job in Maryland. I hated being away from him. I know the kids did too. They were so excited when I told them that I was going to go shopping for their daddy's birthday. When they woke up on Saturday morning and he was gone, they were in tears. All day long they kept asking when Daddy was going to come home. I think they might be afraid that he is going to be gone a long time. I left for New York last Sunday and did not come home until late Friday evening. Then early Saturday morning, their Daddy left. If it appears to be too much for them now, I wonder how they will react when I leave town again on Tuesday morning....??? We finally got to have cake a few days after Peyton's birthday. In the end it was more like Christmas for him. He got a table saw from us and a bagger for his riding lawn mower from his parents. I'm sure he didn't mind waiting to get the only two things he's wanted for a year.

No comments: