Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Tree 2008

We didn't make a big deal out of decorating our tree this year. I didn't spend time "fluffing" out the branches. In fact, Peyton threw it up and the girls started going through the ornaments on their own before I was ready to decorate. No egg nog or Christmas cookies this year. We didn't even put on the Christmas music. In the end, it looked a little sad. It was fully decorated, but the fullness was missing. I knew my mom was coming to stay with the kids on Monday. She has been coming up at least once a week. It gives her a chance to be with the kids and gives Mema Shirley a chance to rest. I told Peyton that there was no way my mom was going to leave our tree alone. I called home in the early afternoon to see how the kids were doing and she told me they were fine. She was busy "fluffing" the tree. "How could you put up your tree and not even fluff it?" I think I'll do this every year. Just invite Mom over to do the part I don't like to do. The tree is beautiful now. She worked around the oranments because she knew the kids had put them all in place. Peyton and I have already bought and wrapped most of our kids gifts. In some respects we are ahead of the game this year. I took December 15th off so I could finish up my shopping. I haven't done any shopping for anyone other than my kids. I really am still at ground zero with Michael too.














No comments: