Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fayette Library

Pictures from our trip to the library. We were there for over two hours. The girls were very well behaved. Samantha did pitch a very loud fit when it was time to go home. Sabrina started to sing outloud towards the end of the trip. We realized they were getting tired and hungry...but WOW....two whole hours of sitting around reading quitely.....it was SOOOOO nice!!!! Peyton and I are both readers. We love books. In fact, the books on his nightstand were one of the reasons that I knew I was dating the right person when we first met. We don't get to read as often as we used to, but it looks like we are turning the corner on that one. We brought home 29 books on Saturday. Most of them were for the kids, but I would guess at least 3 or 4 each for us. I spent about an hour last night reading Truman Copote's 'Music for Chameleons'. He's the most arrogant writer of all time. I love it that I can see him smugness as I turn the pages. A true elitist, but a talented one. It started for me with Breakfast at Tiffany's. After I read, "In Cold Blood," I was hooked. He fathered the "nonfiction novel." Many of the true crime books today are written in this style. My kids are going to have an incredible love for books...especially Sabrina. She gets so excited when she opens a book for the first time.





















No comments: