Sunday, February 22, 2009

Vegas Tingle July 21, 2002- Feb 20, 2009

This weekend has been very difficult for us. We lost our precious Vegas on Friday. He was hit by a car. The girls have been very sad. Destiny had nightmares the past two nights, which is very odd. She has never had a problem sleeping. Samantha lost her best friend. She has been dragging Vegas around since before she could walk. She would crawl with her arm around his neck. He even let her pull him around by his tail. I miss him so much. I am heartbroken. He met me at the door almost every afternoon. He just started sleeping with us again a couple of weeks ago. He kept his distance when Pixie first arrived. Just this past week, I saw Vegas and Pixie sleeping nose to nose at the foot of my bed. Vegas was here when Destiny arrived and he and Mac were her first real pets (Dingo and Tater were here too, but they have always lived outside). I have never been quite so emotional over the loss of a pet. I've loved many throughout the years, but Vegas was special. He was born during our wedding ceremony, which is how we ended up with him, and how he got his name. We named him before we even saw him. Our first pet together as a married couple. Mac seems to be doing okay, but Samantha is worried about her. She broke my heart this morning. She came into the kitchen and Mac was crying at the back door. Samantha said, "Oh, Mommy. I think Mac is looking for Vegas. She doesn't know where he is. She's very sad." I can't seem to quit crying over this one. Vegas, you were the best pet. You snuggled with me and were my baby before I was a mommy, you played house with Destiny before she had sisters to play with, you helped Michael feel at home when he moved in with us by sleeping with him each night, and you watched over Sabrina and Samantha from the moment we brought them home. I remember you sleeping at the foot of their car seats and lying between their feet in the baby bed. I was never afraid that you would hurt them for a moment. We love you and we miss you very much. There will never be another kitty cat like you.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Bobbie, Peyton, Michael, Destiny, Sabrina, and Samantha, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear pet and friend. I know that losing a pet is one of the worst feelings in the world.