Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Getting to know Amelia...

It's so hard to predict what her personality will be, but we can already see that she might be a bit impatient. She completely loses it when it's time for a bottle and she doesn't like to wait for even a second. She's also inquizative about everything around her. When she's not sleeping, she's soaking in her new world. She loves it when he daddy first enters the room after a day of work. She smiles when she hears his voice, and yesterday, when he failed to acknowledge her, she burst out crying until he touched her and said hello. I was holding her at the time, so she wasn't crying to be held. She literally started smiling when she heard him and screamed when he started to walk away. He came right back and said hello to her and she immediately calmed down. She's having lots of trouble with her days and nights being confused. I was pretty sure this would happen. The whole last trimester, she kept me up by moving around at night. She's completely backwards. I have to start working on this this week. We need to get her on a schedule, but it's so hard for us to do schedules. We are not schedule people...unless it's my job or school, everthing else is out of order. Which is why our house can be so chaotic. If we both had predictable work schedules, this would be easy to accomplish. It will certainly be a more important when the girls start kindergarden this summer. I cannot believe my babies are going to big girl school. WOW!!! Where have the years gone? In a couple of months, Peyton and I will have been together for a decade. I am so blessed to have a real partner in life. It is clear that my husband loves me and our children. He puts up with all of my faults and rarely ever points them out to me. He's really an amazing man.

No comments: