Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Samantha and Sabrina Read

Last night I watched my beautiful little girl read an entire page about Jack and Jilly.  She did not memorize.  I mixed up every word.  She read them in order, out of order....!!  I'm so proud.  Samantha was so proud of herself.  She was blushing the entire time.  She can't stand that attention.  Sabrina stood by and watched.  She was itching for her turn, but since she hadn't learned the same set of words that Samantha learned so she couldn't read the same book.  They are in different classrooms.  This afternoon, after learning the words, Sabrina read the same book.  Their learning styles are very different.  Sabrina anticipates order.  She is always thinking three words ahead and she gets very upset when there is a change in the plot.  She was really proud of herself too, but she didn't blush.  She wants everyone to know how that she can read.  They are so very different...but they are so very SMART!!!   All three of the girls had all A's and B's on their report cards!  Destiny wants to be a CSI agent when she grows up.  Peyton gave her a book tonight about what she needs to do to get there.  The first line was that you must graduate from high school.  I see where they get their intellegence from.  He jumped on the chance to remind her how important school is.  I keep hoping that we have not failed to get the same message to Michael, but he is really pushing it.  He has three F's...as close to four as you can possibly get and I am so sad about it.  I don't see any ambition.  I hope that he will change his mind in the next few weeks before it's too late to save his Junior year.  Today we will celebrate the three honor roll students and push the other to get there too.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I remember the day they were born and they were so teeny tiny. Now...they can read! I can't believe how fast they grow up and how fast they learn. I mean, my sweet little baby just turned 2! AND Tyrus will be 5! What the heck?!? I'm proud of those girls though!!