Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy First Birthday Amelia!!




















We had a beautiful day for Amelia's first birthday.  We celebrated at our house at 1pm on Saturday, Feb 26, 2011.  Amelia was the belle of the ball.  She had a really bad cold, but she laughed through the party and had a great time in spite of it.  I think it helped that I put her down for a nap about two hours before everyone arrived.  She slept until it was time to eat.  Almost everyone was here.  Mema Lorelei, Grandmother and Granddaddy Tingle, Mema Shirley and Papa Don, Aunt Rosie, Aunt Jenny and Uncle Tim, Jessica, Scarlett and Aiden, Aunt Kim, Anna, and Chelsey, Uncle Neil, Aunt Jennifer, Ty and Mary, Uncle Lonnie, Zachary and Dylan, Blake Alford and Allie Jo, Molly and Alyssa, Rebecca Kitchens, Aunt Lisa, Uncle Joel, Mitchell and Katelyn, Tammy, Chase, and Jayden, Justin Blankenship and his cousins, Ashley and Renee, Michael's friend Noel, and of course Mommy, Daddy, Michael, Destiny, Sabrina and Samantha.  Daddy rented a Moonwalk and a popcorn machine.  The menu was a Fiesta taco bar, cake and lots of ice cream.  The weather was beautiful.  It was so warm that several people were actually hot.  We can only hope that Easter is this warm.  Today it is below freezing again.  We were all missing Aunt Rustie, Jace and Papa Jerry.  Papa had to work and Jace had a ball game so they couldn't be here.  I think it would have been very hard for Aunt Rustie to come to the party because it was our first family get together since we lost Jordan.  I couldn't avoid crying when I opened the gifts from Aunt Rustie....my favorite pictures of Amelia with Jordan and Jordan with the other little Tingle girls.  We all miss her so much.  She should have been here to help me plan the party. 

When everyone left for the night, Peyton parked the moving truck in the front yard and we all crawled into the moonwalk to watch "Monsters Vs Aliens."  It was just like our own drive in theater and we were really enjoying ourselves.  Samantha and Sabrina had already fallen asleep and Peyt, Destiny and I were really into the movie.  Suddenly, Amelia sat up and looked down at me.  I could see it all over her face, but before I could move, she threw up all over me.  This wasn't just a little bit, it was all in my hair and from the neck of my shirt to my waistband.  I've never seen anything like it from someone so little.  Needless to say, the movie was over and we all headed inside for the night.  Samantha was so upset.  She cried for half an hour after we came in.  She wanted to sleep outside in the moonwalk.  I had to have a shower at 10:30 at night.  It was an interesting way to end a very long day. 

I am so amazed that it has already been a year.  I remember being so afraid of the idea of having a baby again.  I couldn't quit thinking about how impossible it would be to have car seats and bottles again.  In a couple of days, I'll be packing up the bottles for good.  It makes me cry to think that my baby is now a toddler.  I'll never see the baby stage again as the Mommy.  But one day I hope to have lots of grandchildren...that is a long time from now and only if my kids have it together enough to be good parents.  I don't want to be one of those grandmother's who is having to be the mom. 

No comments: