Sunday, September 25, 2011

Peyton's Birthday in Mexico

Peyton and I are going to Cancun for his birthday this year.  We are leaving on the 15th and coming back on the 19th.  I am really excited to be away and alone for four whole days together.  It's been a long time since we've just escaped from everything.  I have really been stuggling to juggle a very demanding work schedule with home the past couple of months, but I have made some real strides in the past week towards leaving the stress of work at work and not bringing it home.  The laptop is not coming out in the evenings unless it's a real emergency and I'm not opening it up on the weekends.  The longest day that I had last week was 13 hours, down from two 17 hours days the previous week.  I also took Thursday and Friday off and spent some much needed down time with Peyton and the kids.  I had two full work days at home with my baby girl and boy was she happy with that.  She's really always been a daddy's girl, but the past two weeks she's been crying for me when I'm not here.  I just know that as important as DGF has been to me and to the kids, it had taken over my life to the point that I was coming home in a horrible mood and really crying nearly every night.  If I wasn't crying, I was complaining.  I was becoming impossible to live with and impossible at work.  I had a complete meltdown and had to reevaluate my position.  We'll see what happens in the near future, but for the moment, I have put my family back on the front burner and work is in second place.  I want to be successful in all that I do and in our current environment, I can't see success.  I want to bring value to my clients and I've proposed for the final time how to make effective changes.  I am hoping that I will be given the greenlight to move forward with much needed adjustments to schedules and restructuring.  Either way, on October 15th, I am flying to Mexico to have an amazing week with my husband.  It will all be there when I get back...and if it isn't, I'll move on to bigger and better things.   

No comments: