Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Funny Things They Say


Samantha and her Daddy. She really looks like him to me.

These are the days that I wish I had time to keep a journal of everything my kids do and say. Beanie and Sammi are getting so big now. They try to speak in complete sentences. They usually communicate very clearly and I can understand most of what they say. Today at lunch Sammi had a breakdown. She just pushed her plate away, refused to eat and kept asking me for something. I couldn't make out what she was asking for because she was so upset she wasn't speaking clearly. I had all but given up when I started cleaning off the chop block and realized her favorite food was right there. A big bag of half frozen "corn on the cob." We quit giving her corn a while ago because her tummy really couldn't take it. I pulled one out and popped it in the microwave...anything to cook it quickly. She started to laugh as soon as she realized that I finally understood her.
This weeks Funny TINGLE TALK:
1. We have just started introducing the girls to their potties. They have actually gone a few times and right now are running around the house in panties. They look so grown up. Sabrina will sit on the potty, strain to go and then say, "I can't do it." Last night, Samantha did the same, only after really straining to try to go, she looked up at Peyton and said, "Daddy, I'm broke." It was quite possibly the funniest thing she has ever said.
2. Peyton and the girls all have little colds right now. The girls went for their two year old checkups on Friday. Last night, Peyton started coughing. Sabrina went over and patted his hand and said, "Daddy, you need to go to the doctor."
3. After you change their diapers, both of my precious little girls, will say..."thank you."
4. Not really funny, but very sweet when they bring you a book, crawl into your lap and say, "Will you read to me?" Both girls will also ask if they can read to you.
5. The way Samantha says, "Oink, Oink." Peyton asks her a dozen times a day, "What does a pig say?"...just to hear her say it.
6. I tried to get on to Sabrina this morning. She knew she was doing somthing wrong, so when I got over to her, she looked up and said, "Mommy, I love you." She NEVER says this.

No comments: