Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Destiny Lynn: Second Grade Age 8


Destiny brought home her school pictures today. We thought she lost the order envelope this year. I was pretty upset that we didn't get to order pictures. Des and I were both shocked to see that she had a package, until Peyton said, "Oh. I sent in a check one morning for those." I don't know what we would do without Peyton. He is the glue that keeps us all together.


Destiny also got her first progress report this week. All A's and B's. Perfect conduct. She has not had to move her clip at all this year. Her teacher noted, "Destiny is off to a great start in the second grade."


I know it's not nice to compare, especially since Michael has consistently been an A/B student, but just in case he is reading this when he's all grown up and trying to raise his own kids. He currently has a terrible progress report. He's talking in class when he should be focusing on work and he has skipped enough homework assignments in Math that he is currently failing the class. His teacher's comments were: "This student could do much better." He's grounded until all of his grades are passing and likely grounded for life if they drop this sharply again. I know the first semester of high school is tough. I was there too, but I never failed to do assignments I was given and neither did Peyton....so Michael get's no sympathy votes in our house. This is usually my A/B honor roll student......

No comments: