Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Halloween 2008

Halloween was a lot of fun for us this year. Samantha dressed up as Batman. Sabrina was Superman, and Destiny was Pebbles. Since we don't live in a neighborhood, we always visit one down the road. This was our third year and this is a pretty small neighborhood. I was so shocked when we walked up to the first house. Jack Lowe answered the door and immediately said. "You guys are from the first house on Callaway, right? We were hoping you would come by this year. Pat made special bags for all four of the kids." We spent a few minutes speaking to Pat and Jack. I am hopeful that they will visit us on Easter this year. What wonderful neighbors we have. Well...actually, we are distant neighbors at best. They live about a mile away. You'll see a picture of all of the kids posing with Pat and Jack on Halloween night this year. I am going to make it a point to take one every year. The next house we visited is where Kathy lives. I can't remember Kathy's last name right now and I don't think I ever heard her husband's name. Kathy invites the kids inside each year to tour her home. She decorates EVERY room and loves for the kids to play with all of her Halloween goodies. Keep in mind, we ONLY see Kathy once a year...on Halloween night. We are hoping to change this. She reminded me when we left that she is always available to keep the kids anytime we need her too. She has lots of time on her hands and she loves kids. The below pictures are in Kathy's living room....standing with the dancing ghosts. We had a halloween pumpkin contest at work. It was really great. I didn't really want to participate this year. In fact, someone else signed me up for it while I was in New York a couple of weeks ago. As always, I got into it pretty quickly. There were 11 pumpkins in the contest. Below are pictures of the top three. My group's pumpkin won FIRST PLACE. He looked really cool in the dark with his candle lit. There's a picture here of him without his clothes, I carved him all by myself. No help from my ultra talented husband. We don't have to tell him that I used a template I downloaded off of the internet to trace the design. He's the lifesize DHL delivery man who is delivering a package to a coffin in a cemetary. His package has a sign that reads: DHL: We deliver anywhere. Even to the Dead

At the end of the night we dropped by to see Grandmother and Granddaddy Tingle. We spent a little bit of time hanging out with them. It was nice to have Halloween on a Friday night. No need to rush home to bed. Grandmother gave us Pumpkin Ice Cream and freshly baked Apple Cake. You can imagine the sugar rush we went through.












































No comments: