Friday, May 29, 2009

The Biggest Loser

I was really inspired by the group on The Biggest Loser Couples this season. They gave me a reason to get off my rump and start working out. I would not allow myself to watch any of the shows I taped on the DVR, especially that one, unless I was on the treadmill...or had already walked for the day. My back has really been hurting for a week or so and I haven't really felt like walking much, but I haven't given up. I hope I'm only getting started.

A couple of months ago, I posted my weight on the wall in the warehouse at work. It looked like this.


Bobbie Tingle
March 17, 2009

216 lbs


That means that the 150 people that I work with every single day, knew exactly how much I weighed. It makes me accountable to a whole bunch of people who are cheering me on and encouraging me to keep going.

I've been weighing in on Tuesdays and Fridays, on the big FREIGHT scale in the middle of the warehouse. About a month into the process, Bill Diephof joined me. A couple of weeks ago, Sharon Leon added her name to the wall. We are three strong at the moment and I hope a couple of others will join us.

Today, my entry looked like this:


Bobbie Tingle
May 29, 2009
197 lbs

I've lost 19 pounds since the middle of March. I hope I can keep up these healthy eating habits forever. The kids are now eating brown rice, whole wheat breads, whole wheat/low carb tortillas, 1% milk(down from 2%), and sugar free snacks (chocolate syrup, ice cream, cookies). They still have junk food, but it isn't nearly what it used to be. We haven't bought sodas in two months. I'm so proud of us.

No comments: