Thursday, May 28, 2009

Crying Wolf

Destiny didn't want to do an assignment in school a couple of months ago. She went to the nurses office with a tummy ache instead. My child who NEVER misses school, discovered that she can come home on school days and play with her little sisters if she says she threw up. She has been picked up at school three times in the past two months. I believe she was only a little sick the first day and pretending the others. I told Peyton on Tuesday morning that Destiny was going get come home from school sick. She left the house excited about getting her yearbook. Since Destiny never brought an order form home from school this year, we didn't order one. Peyton sent a check in on Tuesday morning. As soon as I realized it was a check..I knew we were in trouble. They won't take checks the last week of school, you have to send cash. Well...to make it worse, when Peyton called to tell them he would bring cash, they told him the yearbooks were all sold out. All of the extras were gone. Within an hour of that phone call, the school nurse called to tell us that Destiny was sick and needed to come home. Her Daddy picked her up. She wasn't too happy when she had to spend the whole day in the bed..."getting better." She also wasn't happy that she missed her ice cream party at school on Tuesday afternoon. She was so mad that she didn't have a yearbook that she FORGOT her ice cream party was Tuesday afternoon when she decided she was too sick to stay in school.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I tried the "I'm sick. I need to come home" trick when I was her age. My mom picked me up and made me stay on the couch all day right in front of the big window that looked out on all the neighborhood kids playing. I was miserable!! I never did it again! She'll learn.