Monday, May 25, 2009

May 2009

I am disappointed that I haven't posted in a while. The month of May was long and full of fantastic surprises. We celebrated Mother's Day. I was completely spoiled by Peyton and the kids. Flowers delivered to work...flowers at home....new perfume...gift cards (I Tunes)...bath and body works massage oils and bath treats....and just when I thought it was all over, Peyt took the kids out for the day and they detailed my van for me. It's completely clean still!! I ordered two beautiful sets of pearls for my mom and Peyton's mom.

We spent May 17th at the Varsity and then Turner Field. Jace got to play on the MLB field. He had three rows of supporters. The Braves did not have a good game. We left at the 7th inning stretch and they were down by 6 runs. I was hoping for an exciting game for the kids. Just being with their cousins is more than enough for them, though. Dippin dots, cotton candy, peanuts...you name it, they all had it.
Blake came by the house this week in his TRUCK. I remember the night he was born like it was yesterday....and now he's driving!! Wow...I really am getting old. Jessica Taylor is getting married in less than a month. I just don't know where it ends....they keep growing up...

Things continue to change at work as I take a more commercial approach to our business. I spent last Tuesday evening at PF Chang's with Al and Wade (my senior VPs), dicussing the plans and direction that we are taking. The recession has been tough on us, but we (the ATL office) remains in the black...my product as a whole has not been so luck. We just have to keep pushing.

The kids got a new trampoline today. It was the first big project that Peyt and Michael have really taken on together. It looked like they were actually having a good time working on it. I am really proud of them. The girls and I made twice baked potatoes, steak and salad for dinner tonight. We're having a very special dessert....chocolate cake and ice cream. It's our holiday treat.

I am so proud that I've managed to lose 17 lbs in the past couple of months. I posted my weight at work on St Patty's Day. 216 lbs. It's in big numbers on the dock for everyone to see. (I needed something to push me in the right direction). I weighed in on Friday and I was 199!!! I finally made it below 200...haven't been there since right after the girls were born. It feels great to be in 14's again. Not all 14's, but I'm getting there. We'll talk again after this monster dinner we planned for tonight is over....

Sabrina is turning into the little Mommy more and more each day. She has gotten onto Samantha several times today. We're working on "not tattling and not telling" her sisters what to do. She's really cute.

Samantha talks very quickly...she has a lot to say and she likes to say it fast. The problem is, I find myself smiling and agreeing....if I ask her what she said, she gets really frustrated that I didn't understand her the first time.

Michael is looking foward to getting his learners in the next couple of weeks. I'm looking forward to him getting passing grades so he can get his learners. I bought us tickets to Aerosmith. Me, Peyton, Michael, plus 1....(still haven't decided which of his friends we'll invite.)

Destiny had field day last week and is having a huge ice cream party at school this week. Four more days to go...!! Everyone is really excited that the school year is coming to an end....especially Daddy...he doesn't have to get up early for months now.....

We rented a cabin on Talking Rock Creek in North Georgia for the second week in June. We'll celebrate Destiny's 9th birthday on the river complete with a campfire and marshmellows. We all need a break. Seven nights in the middle of nowhere....20 miles to the nearest restaurant. 3 miles to the nearest house....hot tubs in and outside....wish we were going tomorrow. Only 9 more work days.

No comments: