Sunday, February 7, 2010

Amelia's Baby Shower

Amelia's baby shower was on Saturday, Feb 6, 2010 at Milstead Baptist Church. It was freezing cold outside. It looks like we have everything we need for the baby now. One more trip for diapers, wipes, Desitin, bottles and Mylicon. I think that will be everything we need. Rustie bought way too much and we ended up with the matching car seat, stroller, swing, bouncer, pack and play and diaper bag. Mom and Dad gave us a video monitor that is way too cool. The kids and the big kid (Daddy) has been playing with it this evening. We got so many cute outfits, shoes, socks and onesies. I can't wait to dress her up! I found an outfit that I saved from when the girls were born. They never wore it, but I couldn't bring myself to give it away. It was too pretty. I also found two pairs of shoes...still in the boxes that they never wore. A changing station that Peyton used to carry around with the girls and his Eddie Bauer backpack diaper bag. It's amazing what you can locate when you clean out the top of the closet. We also have a gift from Jennifer and Neil that we never took out of the box. They gave us a bathtub for the girls and we had already opened one. We put the other one away and figured we might actually use it upstairs at the old house....well...we never did and it is still new and in the box and ready for Amelia. I'm really not a pack rat. I gave away almost everything from when the girls were babies, but I did keep a few of the things I knew I would want someday. The co sleeper was the one thing I knew I needed to keep. Scarlett had it for a while and then Jess sent it back to us. Jessica, Jenny and Bethany got her the highchair I fell in love with. I can't wait to see this little angel.






































































































































1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It was an awesome shower and I was so happy to be there and celebrate with you!! I can't wait to "borrow" sweet Amelia when the two of you need a break! Love you!