Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Family of Six

Our family of six is ending. We will soon be a family of seven. I am excited to meet our new daughter and a little hesitant and worried about all of the changes that will come out of her arrival. Strangely enough I feel a little weird about us being an odd number. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. I'm working for two more days and then I'm off for the next seven to nine weeks. I really need a break from work. It's becoming more than I want it to be at the moment. I don't feel like I'm in a position to effect positive change and I don't accept that easily. Briana is in the hospital tonight. She has had a baby by now. They were going to give her another couple of hours to labor before doing a c section if the baby had not yet arrived. I know her labor started at 10 last night and she was still not fully dialated at 3 this afternoon. It reminded me that this delivery thing isn't always simple and I might be in for a wild ride. We know for sure that Amelia will be here by March 1, 2010. We are scheduled to induce at 0830 on the 1st unless she arrives before then. Because I like to plan, I almost hope that she waits until the 1st to arrive. On the other hand, because I am so uncomfortable now, I want her to come now. I'm finding it so difficult to sleep at night. I can't turn over without it hurting and getting up and down is becoming much more difficult. I am ready to see her daddy's face when he first lays eyes on his little girl. There is something very powerful about being able to hand your husband this gift that you both created, but that you grew and nourished for ten months. Sunday was Valentine's Day and Peyton did a belly cast for me! I ran out of time to make one with the girls so I am really excited to have this one. He did a great job. We let the girls help. It was a big project. The twins were less than interested after five minutes, but Destiny worked on the whole project until the end. She cut all of the strips and even helped to apply a few. This was the perfect Valentine's Day gift and I will cherish it forever.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Crazy that I read this tonight. Just before I got on your blog...I was looking up baby casting. I really want to do it and seeing yours...makes me want it even more.