Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tingle Baby

I almost can't believe it. We are going to have a baby. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time. I've really been feeling it for about a week. I had taken a test about 10 days or so ago, but it was too early to get the positive result. Peyton offered me a Corona on Friday afternoon and I decided I had better go to the pharmacy first for a test....just to be sure. He pretty much laughed at the idea since he knew I had a negative test a week ago, but I knew better. Less than 30 minutes later, I found myself saying: "So Daddy, you ready to be a Daddy again?" He was a little shocked at first, but I don't think I've ever seen him this excited. He's really wanted us to have one more for about two years now. I've been off birth control for 18 months, which is the exact amount of time that I was off when we conceived the girls. I also lost 20 lbs, which is the same amount of weight I lost before I got pregnant before. With my PCOS, it really does make a huge difference. If you change your weight by 10 to 15%, it kicks those hormones into gear. And now for the big question....IS IT TWINS again? It's always possible, but I think it's unlikely. I can handle being The Tingle 7, but the Tingle 8 is really pushing it.

So little tingle baby....your sisters are really excited about you. They have asked at least a dozen times: "When are we going to the hospital?" They're finding it hard to understand that it will be a long time before you arrive. Your Daddy finally explained that we have to have their birthday, Michael's birthday, Daddy's birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mommy's birthday, Valentine's Day, and then YOUR birthday. They think that's too long to wait. I think it will take me that long to be ready for you.

You've made the Fourth of July a happy occasion again and given me a reason to celebrate.

*****If you happen to be reading this and it's before Monday, July 6th, don't mention it on the facebook page please. I want to tell some very important people at work on Monday. My boss and two of my closest friends just happen to be facebook friends too. But I should be able to post a message by Monday night.*****

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Bobbie, Peyton, Michael, Destiny, Sabrina and Samantha - We are sooooo excited for you! I have a feeling its twin boys (remember I had the feeling about the girls too!). If it is then I'm going to call TLC and they can make a show called "Tingle Town" or something like that! Wouldn't that be cool? I can't wait to hold a sweet little Tingle baby in February. By the way, Neil is totally pumped that the babies might be born on his birthday. However, I guess if its twins then it would be more like Owen's birthday. Whatever it is or however many there are he/she will be so loved!! We love you!

Bobbie T said...

Thanks, Jenn. We are pretty excited. I just found out that my chances of twins is about 1 in 30. That really scares me. I am hoping for one.

Jennifer said...

When Neil got home the other night I started asking him all kinds of questions like, "Do they know when they're due? Do they know if its twins? Are they super excited?" He said, "I don't know. We didn't talk about it." I said, "What else in the world could you possibly talk about besides them having a baby. Do you even speak to your brother while you're at work?" Boys! Boys! Boys! SIGH!!! Be sure and let me know as soon as you know if we are welcoming number 18 only or 18 and 19 to the family!