Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Amelia is 2 months old

I took Amelia in for her two month checkup about a week ago. She had to get five shots and I was not happy to be in the room with her. It breaks my heart when she looks up at me, crying and not knowing how to tell them to stop. There's just something so wrong about it. She's doing really well and has gained a ton of weight. She's my little "chunky monkey" and daddy's little "jelly belly." The doctor is amazed at how strong her neck is. She's been holding her head up on her own for long periods of time since she was born. Literally since the first time I held her to my chest.....

April 30, 2010

11 lbs 8ozs 61st percentile
21.5 inches 51st percentile

She's cooing and laughing out loud now. Her smile is infectious. Samantha picks out her clothes almost every day. Destiny loves to rock her and to feed her. Sabrina will read to her, rock her, and always brings me her diapers and bibs. The girls do not like for her to eat without a bib. They are constantly reminding Daddy that he didn't put one on her.

It's really strange, but she looks like both of us. She really is beginning to look just like my baby pictures. As much as she looks like the girls when they were babies, she's got such different expressions. I still find myself calling her "Frankie" almost every day. She reminds me sooooo much of my grandfather "Louie Frank Campbell". He died when I was ten years old and I feel like he's with me all the time since she was born. It's bizarre and I don't know how else to explain it.

I went back to work last week and spent the first five nights in Fort Lauderdale. It was tough being away from all of the kids, but it was so nice to get some real sleep again. I am so blessed to be married to Peyton. He is really good with the kids and it's just not a big deal for him to keep four kids and a newborn baby for a week. He's a pro!!!

I had a ton of fun hanging out with Shelby Lee and really had some good conversations with Alasdair about the direction of DGF in the coming years. He's heading up a program at work that is realigning our managment structure. I'm really excited about some of the changes. It's been much more difficult in the office this week because she still needs to eat at least twice a night and I've never been good at going back to sleep once I'm awake. I love this little girl and I can't wait until she sleeps all night.

No comments: