Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

This was my first Mother's Day as the mom of five kids. This time last year, we were planning our big summer vacation and I wasn't even pregnant with Amelia yet. This year, I have not four, but five little people I'm responsible for nurturing. It's so funny to me that I have a family this large. I just never imagined in a million years I would have this many children. The day was a real roller coaster ride this year. Peyton and the girls made me breakfast. We had pancakes, eggs, sausage, and cheese toast. Peyton and I spent a couple of hours watching a movie, which we rarely find the time to do. In the afternoon, I opened my presents from Peyt and the kids. They got me a Kodak digital video camera which is incredible. It shoots hi def images. I have never even researched these things, so I was really surprised to get one. It's really amazing and small. It fits inside my purse and is smaller than my digital camera...though it shoots ten times faster images. The girls each picked out a glass figurine for me. Sabrina picked out the Octopus, Destiny picked the Pink Flamingo, and Samantha picked the Parrot. Michael checked his own cash out of the bank and bought me an ITunes gift card, which I love. I was down to a couple of bucks in my account from last Mother's Day when they bought my last card. Destiny also made me a cake, some paper flowers, and a clay figure at school. I finished out the afternoon grocery shopping so the house would be stocked when we went back to work again on Monday morning. When I got home, I found out I was in for a much different night. Samantha was sick. She was still broken out, she had been for two days, but it was much worse...it was working it's way around her cheeks and ears and she was running a fever. I couldn't wait until Monday morning to get her to a doctor so we went to Fayette Piedmont Hospital. It was a madhouse when we got there. You couldn't even sit down. I held Samantha until she fell alseep in my lap. She was burning up with a fever. After hours of being there, Mema Lorelei and Daddy came to sit with us. We have no idea what broke her out, but we know that it took the usual meds and a big dose of steriods to get her hives to go down. This afternoon, they are back, so I'm heading off to get her perscription filled as soon as Michael gets home from school. I hated not working today. I've only been back for one week since maternity leave, but there wasn't another option. I couldn't leave her today. I've been too worried about her. It was a big day around the Tingle house. On a brighter note, I can't wait to plant my new azalea in our yard.




















No comments: