Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Easter 2010



































































I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to host the Annual Tingle Easter Egg Hunt this year. Amelia was only a few weeks old, but I really love sharing Easter with both of sides of our family. The crowd was a little different than past celebrations. No friends, only family. I just didn't get around to inviting all of the people that I typlically invite. Jessica and Paul welcomed their new son, Aiden Pax Vaughan, on Easter morning, so Tim, Jenny and Bethany were not here. Mema Shirley came and left before the party started because she wasn't feeling well and Papa Don was still in North Carolina. We had some new visitors though. Warren, Cindy, Tori and her husband, Cindy's dad, and Great Grandmother Tingle all made it to the party. My dad got to see Amelia for the first time. The weather was gorgeous...78 degrees and sunny. I'm already looking forward to next year's party when Amelia will be toddling around. I bought all of the girls Easter dresses and I wore the dress that I wore on the last Easter before we had kids. I am wearing this outfit on Easter 2004 in the last picture I ever took with my grandmother. I miss her so much sometimes. Her laugh was infectious. I'll never forget playing penny poker with her at Betty's kitchen table. She really loved me in a way that no one else ever has. Since my dad, her son, died when he was very young, she didn't get to see him live his life as an adult. He was 21 years old with a one year old baby when he passed away in 1975. She always wanted to hear about my life...the good and the bad. She was never judgmental of anything I ever did. She just loved me for me. I hope I can zip my lips a little more often when I start to be over critical of my kids and remember that they are going to make some bad choices, but without making those choices on their own, they won't grow.

No comments: