Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday: The High Risk Age

I haven't posted in a little while. I went from being sick to settling into my new role at work. I really thought my new title was just a title change. I was wrong. I'm delving a little bit further into sales and sales/account management than what I have in the past.
Peyton took me to see Craig Morgan at Cowboys for my birthday. We met on Friday afternoon at the Marriott in Kenessaw. Had chinese for dinner and then went to Cowboys. He even bought me a pair of cowboy boots from Horsetown. I am the luckiest girl the world. The show didn't get going until just before midnight. I was out too late, drank too much and FELT my age on Saturday morning. I can tell you that this is the first birthday of my entire life that I dreaded. Every time you talk to your doctor, they always say that the risk or this or that is higher in women over 35. Taking birth control, your risk of cancer is higher in women over 35. Diabetes, risk is higher in women over 35. Well, bring it on. I hit the big 35 on Monday. It's funny. Peyton was 35 when we met...it seems like ages ago.
I'm leaving tomorrow morning to celebrate my birthday with my mom. Her's is next week, mine was this week. We are taking off to Cherokee, NC for a day or two. We haven't really decided yet where we will go or what we will do. We're just leaving town. I haven't been out of town with my mom alone since I was 2 years old. My sister was born when I was 3. I can't wait. Gotta go pack.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I would love to go to a concert with y'all!! I told Neil the other day, when we were playing Guitar Hero, that I wanted to go to a Bon Jovi concert. :) He says that y'all had a blast at the one that you took him to. We will definately have to plan something. Happy Birthday!