Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Mema Lorelei

Today is my Momma's birthday. She was born on January 31, 1955. I took her to North Carolina last weekend to celebrate. We went to Harrah's Cherokee. Mom decided her favorite machine was the Shamrock 7's. They've always been my favorite too. After we lost most of our money, we went to Bryson City, NC. The town is named after one of my mom's great...great...great...great...uncles. Colonel Thaddeus Dillard Bryson. We had lunch and went to the antique mall before heading back to Atlanta. It was nice to get away and spend some time together. We had a great hotel room with a beautiful view of the Great Smokey Mountains. We thought we might take a train ride through the Smokies, but the train was closed for the season. There's not much to do in this part of NC during the winter months, but it is one of the best vacation spots during the spring. I think we'll take my dad and Peyton with us for a long weekend in a few months.











































No comments: