Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

The girls were asleep just after 10pm last night. They tried to stay up. Destiny is old enough to understand that the big moment is midnight, but when she's sleepy, she's sleepy. Peyton stopped and bought them the movie, WALL E. I took them to see it over the summer and they loved it. Last night, it couldn't keep anyone's interest. They all fell right to sleep. Samantha was not only coughing her head off, but was also covered in hives again. I noticed last week that her meds for breakouts had expired and asked the doctor to refill them when she went in for her cold on Tuesday. I picked them up yesterday on my way home. I am so glad I did because she would have been miserable without the medication. I was actually researching one of them on the internet at midnight last night. I looked down just in time to see it was exactly 12:00. I woke Peyton up for a quick New Year's kiss and we were both back to sleep. Nothing like the days of partying at the Bred or at Mangos on New Year's Eve. I even made an effort. I stopped at Kilroy's in Riverdale and bought three bottles: Svedka, Kaluha, and Amaretto. I made it through two drinks. Today, we are both sick with Sammi's cold. I think Sabrina might be catching it a little. Michael spent the night with Blake. It sounds like they had a good time, hanging out in Blake's garage bedroom...it's really more like an apartment over there. A 15 year old's dream house. I made the girls a tray of party foods today and gave them real champagne flutes filled with sparkling grape juice. They had their own little New Year's party. Sabrina asked me several times who was coming to her party. Is Mema Lorelei coming to my party? Grandmother Tingle? Are we going to get dressed up for our party? I think in the end, they enjoyed their private New Year's Bash.

No comments: