Thursday, January 1, 2009

Sick Samantha

I went back to work from a week of vacation on Monday. I ended up staying home with Samantha on Tuesday. She was really sick with a terrible cough and a high fever. I couldn't seem to keep it below 101. It would spike to 102 and then the meds would bring it down. We just alternated Tylenol and Motrin every four hours. I took her to the doctor on Tuesday morning. You can see how 'excited' she was about that. She would not let the doctor look at her ears, eyes or mouth. It was a lot of work to gain her cooperation. In the end, she just has a bad cold. Nothing we can do, but monitor the fever and pour the ginger ale. When we came home from the doctor, she really wanted to put on her clothes to play outside with her brother and sisters. I told her she was too sick, but she went into her room and changed her clothes. You can't see the shoes and socks just out of view, but she fell asleep on her little sofa before she could finish putting them on. At dinner, she refused to eat anything, but at least she was holding onto her cup. On Tuesday night, she threw up all over mommy and daddy's bed. We barely slept at all. I had a fairly normal and long day at work on Wednesday, New Year's Eve. I'm off today. Tomorrow should be a completely normal schedule again until spring.

No comments: