Sunday, August 17, 2008

Flowers and Fruits on Callaway Road

Callaway Road has a lot of character and a lot of life, and not all of it comes from us. The land is alive with color this week. We have two crab apple trees, one apple tree, one pear tree, and one peach tree. All of the trees are bearing fruit right now. We planted the peach tree on our one year anniversary of buying the house. This is the first time it's had the chance to produce real fruit. I have a feeling this tree will be much larger by this time next year. The apple tree is full. The pear tree is half full. We need to call out an arborist to speak to us about this one. About a quarter of the way up the tree, the trunk splits into two. One side of the tree is completely dead. The other, is still full of fruit. My rose bush is blooming too. It was a mother's day gift from the kids. I have a smaller miniture rose bush that is just starting to bloom. It was a birthday gift from Peyton and the kids. I don't have a green thumb, but I sure hope that I can maintain the flowers and fruit we already have. Maybe when I retire, I'll have time to really baby my plants. It would be really nice if all of our azeala's were in bloom right now. Callaway is beautiful when it's in bloom.






No comments: