Friday, August 22, 2008

What I want to be.....

Mema called me tonight to tell me what Sabrina said to her today. They had gone to McDonalds and to the park. On the way home, Sabrina proclaimed, "When I get big, I'm gonna be a ROCKSTAR." Everyone just died laughing. So I asked her tonight what she wanted to be when she grew up, "a Rockstar." Last week she wanted to be a gymnast. We've been watching the Olympics a lot.

Samantha has a new thing this week too. She wants to be just like Michael and Daddy. She is constantly telling me the following:

1. I like Batman...just like Michael and Daddy.

2. I really (pronounced WHEELY) like cheese...just like Michael and Daddy.

3. I like blue...just like Michael and Daddy.

4. I like eggs...just like Michael and Daddy.



Pretty much anything her daddy or Michael likes, she likes too.

They both have the cutest voices right now. In many words, they pronounce G's and H's as B's. Such as "Beetar" instead of Guitar. I can't think of the others at the moment, but I will jot them down tomorrow as I hear them and post them later.
Tonight when I went to put the girls to bed, I honestly could not walk across their room. Every one of their books, two toy boxes, and two closets full of clothes had been dumped right out in the floor. It's been getting a little worse each day this week. I have them put their toys away before we settle down for the night. It was too bad tonight to even begin to clean up. So when I tucked the girls in, I told them that they needed to clean up tomorrow. They said no. So I said, "Okay, then in the morning, mommy will put all of the things on the floor into the trash can outside." They gave me hugs and kisses and I left to go get in my bed. About five minutes later Samantha started crying. I figured Sabrina was picking on her so I went in to check. Sabrina met me in the hallway. "Mommy, my sister is crying." I picked up Samantha and she was really sobbing. Big tears running down her cheeks. "Mommy, I WILL pick up my toys tomorrow. I don't want to put them in the trash can." I told her I would help her pick them all up in the morning and I was glad she wanted to take care of her things. Sabrina offered to help in the morning too. I would have guessed it wouldn't have phased them for me to say that we would throw out the toys, but I guess it goes to show that I really do follow through on what I say I will do with them. It does no good to say you will do something that you won't do. They know if I say it, I mean it. I hope we can always have this understanding. Oh right....I already don't have this kind of leverage with my older two.

No comments: