Friday, August 29, 2008

Here's to: The Lady from Alaska
Today is a day for celebration. Senator John McCain announced his running mate for the 2008 Presidential election. For the first time in American history, a Republican woman runs on a presidential ticket. You can't forget Geraldine Ferraro as the 1984 Democrat nominee for VP. I don't know if you can blame the loss in 84 on Mondale and Ferraro...they never stood a chance against Reagan. I am sure I will have more to say about this in the days and weeks to come, but today...I am elated. This is a brilliant decision on McCain's part. I believe the energy this will bring to his campaign will secure a win in November's election. Regardless of what happens, this election will make history. We will either have our first African American President or our first female VP.

MCCAIN/PALIN 2008



"She's exactly who I need. She's exactly who this country needs to help me fight the same old Washington politics of 'Me first and country second.' " --John McCain August 29, 2008

"I'm going to take our campaign to every part of our country and our message of reform to every voter of every background in every political party, or no party at all." --Sarah Palin August 29, 2008


I ran right home an opened the "bubbly." Okay....it was really Pellegrino, but I wanted to share my excitment with my girls. Sabrina and Samantha have a touch of cold and were both sleeping, but I got my Papa Don to take a few pictures of the women of our house celebrating. How fun to have three generations of women together on such a historic day.






2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I called the boys as soon as I heard, but you had just called them! It really does give you a sense of pride.

Bethany said...

That picture is too cute, Bobbie! I love it and I love YOU!